Have cut a nice fork from a thorntree that I can't identify. It still has leaves, so it can't be blackthorn.
Anyway, properly microwaved it and turned it into a semi ergo today. It has a palm swell where needed and it also has grooves for thumb and index finger. What I like is that even though it is heavily sculpted, it still looks like it could have been grown that way.
It was really bone white and the grain was hard to see, therefore I used my ink dying method to bring it out. I used dark brown ink.
Worked really well. This needs some cleanup in the grooves (polishing paste revealed by the photo flash), and poly coating. But otherwise it came out good.
Here is a little video about how I made it: