Friday, September 10, 2010

"The Monster" - Ergo shooter, clamp-on attachment

My metal working tools haven't arrived yet, so I made a wooden slingshot today.

It is the first boardcut "W" design, and it's an ergo shooter! I used the clamp-on method so I can rearrange the bands quickly for butterfly or normal shooting (pics show butterfly length).

I carved the finger grooves first, then I cut of a slice and laminated it to the handle of the boardcut. This way I was not hindered by the fork arms when I took the rasp.

I used the clamp-on method also because it gives no handslap and I like the clean band attachment.

No varnish, just wood stain.

It is a very good shooter, and perfectly safe due to the width of the fork arms. It's not exactly beautiful, but heavy duty!

No comments:

Post a Comment