Friday, April 20, 2012

A new era?

I just picked up a parcel from customs... the guys at http://www.shoottech.com/ sent me a prototype of their upcoming "Raptor" compound slingshot.

Wow... just wow!

This is a well designed, perfectly machined cutting edge compound bow.... but it uses rubber as energy storage media, and it shoots steel balls (held by a rare earth magnet) as well as arrows!

This is brutally fast (haven't clocked it yet), and totally accurate (thanks to the professional 3D sights).

I believe this weapon takes slingshots to a new level. Can't wait for the weekend, for further tests!

7 comments:

  1. This may be my next bow! I was thinking of the Liberty, but with this bow, you have both worlds. You could use ball bearings for squirrel and rabbit, and arrows for deer and bear. Regards, Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I viewed their site and liked what I saw. I'm looking forward to seeing your video of it. It promises to be 'interesting'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome :). looks really nice - probably expensive but niiice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! i think im in love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I expected a video with some demonstrations of this slingbow. I was really looking forward for it so I hope you´ll make one later on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://youtu.be/vtp8NIEJAu8 found one on youtube it's an interesting hybrid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi is it possible to get some info on maintenance and instructions for the sts raptor as I have one but shoot tech never shipped any with it and do not reply to my emails at all and I want to keep it in top condition for as long as I can without damaging it any help would be greatly appreciated love your blog

    D

    ReplyDelete