Sunday, March 28, 2010
"Compass" design on steroids
I have attached rollers to the compass slingshot design.
But this time, I went all the way - I attached rollers at the top AND the bottom of the frame, adding more than 30 cm (12") of rubber! This is so much that you have to pull out a bit in order to move the pouch over the top of the forks... but the result is worth the efforts, a ton of power in a small frame.
I even made the bottom rollers detachable, so if you need a compact slingshot, then you can simply shoot it without the draw length increase.
I used tiny ball bearings (inside dia 8mm, outside dia 12mm) for the pulleys, those are from RC cars... They work really well.
I am pleased with the way it came out!
And here is the video:
Posted by The Slingshot Channel at 5:23 PM