Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Compass" design on steroids



Hello,

I have attached rollers to the compass slingshot design.

But this time, I went all the way - I attached rollers at the top AND the bottom of the frame, adding more than 30 cm (12") of rubber! This is so much that you have to pull out a bit in order to move the pouch over the top of the forks... but the result is worth the efforts, a ton of power in a small frame.

I even made the bottom rollers detachable, so if you need a compact slingshot, then you can simply shoot it without the draw length increase.

I used tiny ball bearings (inside dia 8mm, outside dia 12mm) for the pulleys, those are from RC cars... They work really well.

I am pleased with the way it came out!

And here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO_Meq0Hiac

No comments:

Post a Comment