Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Desert Ironwood Gloveshot




After a whole day of filing, sanding and polishing, the frame of my first desert ironwood slingshot is done.

There are indeed fine cracks, but they are in an uncritical part, plus I have stablized the frame with 8 mm steel rods. Those rods can hold the force even without the wood. This glovehsot has a heart of stainless steel!

I used another part of my croc belt for the hand brace.

The shine of the wood is just phenomenal. No epoxy, no stainer, no wax, just natural. Fantastic!

It is a tough material, and the dust is not pleasant. But the work is worth it!

1 comment:

  1. The medium gray-green foliage is evergreen and fine-textured, casting a filtered shade; to my eye the overall look is reminiscent of an olive tree.Tree Nursery Co

    ReplyDelete